Val's Munchies

When someone offers you a tic tac - take it. I want to grab life by the crack and lick all the crap out of it! (thanks Barney! lol) I love spending time with my wonderful, loving family, learning more and more each day about my gracious, loving God! I guess I want to start using this blog not only for the crazy things that happen to me, but to share my journey with the Lord...Welcome to my life!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Christmas Nazi ... not so much

I fear I have lost my Christmas spirit. A month ago I was so excited for Christmas I could hardly stand it! I wanted to put up the Christmas tree the first weekend in November - but alas, my sister Bonnie, would not let me. So we set the date - the tree would be put up on Nov. 19. So before that day I got out all the decorations, to see what we had to put on the tree. Bonnie came up with the fantastic idea - "let's do pink & silver". I absolutely loved the idea, (which also made me happy b/c it meant we wouldn't have to use her ugly tree topper - mine is silver! MUH HAHAHAHA...)



The week before the tree was to go up I became more excited everyday. I made shortbread cookies & was in the Christmas mood. I went to Walmart and bought new ornaments to match our theme. Nov. 19 came and we put up the tree. Wasn't as exciting as I thought it was going to be. Within the next week we had pretty much all the gifts bought, wrapped and placed under the tree. And after that - my enthusiasm faded. All the fun stuff was finished. There wasn't much else to do.

Last week I decided maybe I would start listening to Christmas music - to lift my spirits. So I found some "Holiday Pop" on the internet, I listened to three songs and shut it off. All of the songs were slow. What kind of Christmas music is that? I want Christmas music that is upbeat and cheery! Not slow, put you to sleep kind of music! I was not pleased. And still nothing seemed to brighten my spirit! I want to break out my own Christmas cds, but now that I'm not excited very much, I feel its now too early to listen to the Christmas tunes. I should really bake another batch of shortbread cookies - but I just don't even feel the point of it. And just this past weekend I attended a couple friends' Christmas Black Tie Gala. Fun! And I thought, "What a great way to get into the Christmas spirit! This will help me!" Well, it didn't. It was a great party, but I'm still suffering from a lack of Christmas spirit.



My next step is to start watching Christmas movies. I hope this will help me. And if it doesn't, I guess I'm pretty much doomed.



After Halloween I really was so pumped about Christmas and even half became the Christmas Nazi, just like Isabel in the Roswell Christmas episodes. But all the excitement has faded. Oh, I did buy a little Toblerone and some Whoppers yesterday, but they haven't helped.



Alright, it's time to end the madness of this blog.



Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night.

2 Comments:

  • At December 09, 2005 10:27 AM, Blogger Stephen said…

    You know what you're lacking Val? Besides Brad and myself? You're lacking the constant tension of what is really under the tree. You're lacking the excitement about talking about opening those presents, but never really meaning to do it.

    You're lacking the speculation about what could be in those presents, and the gentle shaking of them... and the slow build up until you just can't take it anymore, you MUST know. ... but you have to wait two more weeks.

    :D

     
  • At December 12, 2005 8:03 AM, Blogger Val said…

    Thanks Stephen!! Maybe you're right...that snowfall kinda helped! And now that it's melted i'm even more excited!!!
    Yes i am lacking you and Brad!!! haha...good times...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home