Val's Munchies

When someone offers you a tic tac - take it. I want to grab life by the crack and lick all the crap out of it! (thanks Barney! lol) I love spending time with my wonderful, loving family, learning more and more each day about my gracious, loving God! I guess I want to start using this blog not only for the crazy things that happen to me, but to share my journey with the Lord...Welcome to my life!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

COKE...not the drug just the drink



I am admitting today that I have an addiction. To Coca-Cola. I have a serious addiction, which my family and friends can attest to. I can imagine there are people out there worse off than I am, but to me and those closest to me, my situation is very serious. I don't drink coke for breakfast, well just a couple times, but those are different situations. Actually the other day I met a friend at Tim Hortons for breakie and i had a donut and a coke – i do not like coffee and refuse to drink the stuff, so coke was the only alternative. I finished off the coke at lunch time. Thinking I would be fine with my coke fix of the day behind me, and I wouldn't need anymore for the rest of the day...Well before I knew it the evening came and there I was infront of the television, craving this wonderfully, sugary, sweet delight! And i caved! Ran straight to my storage room, pulled out a can and poured it into the all important frosty mug! Oh how that coke tasted sooo good and it was just what I needed to finish the day.

Coke is something I was introduced to long, long ago. Our family's sunday night ritual was to eat pizza and drink coke. One of the only families I know that drink “real” coke on a regular basis. I think it was when I went away to college that I became so dependent on the stuff. Thursday afternoons, second year we (my friend Anna and I) had Coke and Pastry times...and it's a wonder how I gained 20 pounds in those 2 years of my life? LOL Those days helped us get through class! And my living habits I had being away from my parents for the first time gave me this opportunity to buy the stuff ALL THE TIME!

Now you must understand, Coca-cola Classic is expensive stuff – and I have to keep stock. Oh boy! When it's on sale – I stock up!!! GO CRAZY!!! There is no comparison to no name brands (I am convinced those “cola” drinks are really Pepsi) and I refuse to even drink them!

And to prove to the rest of you reading this exactly how crazy I am – Coke in a can is wayyyyyyy better than the stuff in a bottle! I will however drink it either way, but, it is better. And any type, C2, diet, and whatever that new diet kind is – do not compare. They leave that disgusting aftertaste in your mouth, and no matter what people say about them being a bit healthier – I think it's a scam. Just another brand for them to sell.

I have to have at least one can a day...and sometimes whilst my sister is in the other room studying – I sneak another can! Yes that is right! I have snuck a can!! Fooled her good! Although she did almost have me! I covered my tracks quite well...But when the craving comes, who has the self-control to stop it!? I guess that is my biggest weakness. But it's just soooo good.

And I have decided today, well after tonight that is(I know there is a bottle sitting in the fridge at home), I am really going to try to reduce my Coca-Cola intake. Honestly. I really want to stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home