Val's Munchies

When someone offers you a tic tac - take it. I want to grab life by the crack and lick all the crap out of it! (thanks Barney! lol) I love spending time with my wonderful, loving family, learning more and more each day about my gracious, loving God! I guess I want to start using this blog not only for the crazy things that happen to me, but to share my journey with the Lord...Welcome to my life!

Monday, October 31, 2005

Winter...

White
Snow
Cold
I am not looking forward to winter. And on this, Halloween day, I am surprised there is no snow on the ground. Many a halloween i remember waddling around from house to house bundled up (much too tightly) in my snowsuit and costume braving the cold, just to get the yummy candy.
But today? No snow. Which i am very pleased about. But just knowing they are forecasting flurries this evening, makes me cringe. I am dreading the day I wake up, look out the window and see a layer of that fluffy white stuff on the vehicles. UGG... And to know that it is coming sooner rather than later, depresses me even more...
Not only do the crazy drivers become even CRAZIER in the snowy, winter months, but depression sets in. Yes I suffer from a mild case of SAD – Seasonal Affective Disorder. And since i work in an office with no outside windows – I think i may slightly suffer from it all year round. Let alone in the full blown winter! I HATE WINTER!! And i mean it. It's cold, icy, windy...did i mention cold?
Sure when i was younger, winter was great fun! Make snow forts, go iceskating, and Christmas!! Oh Christmas...the only thing to help me get through these dreadful next couple of months! But i think i've discovered when my hate for winter started. Probably age 18...when i moved from home and had to drive for myself. No parents to drive the car in the frigid, blustery weather! Icy roads were the worst...done a couple really nice 360s in my day! And i love those stupid drivers! The ones who don't think about how icy the roads really are, so they don't brake in time to stop, but just in time to give your car a nice nudge! THANK YOU! Just thinking about winter and the roads make me cringe and stressed about the whole thing!
I haven't yet, and don't think i ever will understand how people can enjoy such a season! You have to wear layers of clothes – GIVE ME MY CAPRIS AND FLIP FLOPS! “Say it with me, Sunlight!”
My back is hurting just thinking about winter...I wish i was a bear so i could hibernate and sleep the winter away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home