Val's Munchies

When someone offers you a tic tac - take it. I want to grab life by the crack and lick all the crap out of it! (thanks Barney! lol) I love spending time with my wonderful, loving family, learning more and more each day about my gracious, loving God! I guess I want to start using this blog not only for the crazy things that happen to me, but to share my journey with the Lord...Welcome to my life!

Friday, February 24, 2006

TAG LINE: What if Peter Pan grew up?



Okay, so tonight we watched the movie 'Hook' - starring Robin Williams as Peter ("Pan the Man"), Dustin Hoffman as Hook and, of course, Julia Roberts as Tink! (What fun Julia's kids will have watching this movie in a few years, don't ya think?)

Everytime I watch it I can't get over Dustin's performance as Hook - it's amazing!

And I cannot forget our favorite character Rufio ("Mr. Punk head with too much mousse") - King of the Lost Boys after Pan's absense.
Rufio! Rufio! RU-FI-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh

We were curious if it ever won any awards - I researched, found it won a few - mostly no name awards...Although Julia Roberts won the 1992 Razzie award for Worst Supporting Actress...lol - kinda sad...

I really love that Hook's bed lowers down from the ceiling to cover the small pond in the ship - BRILLIANT!

So in honor of this wondrous movie I'd like to share some favorite trivia and quotes that I have come across on the internet.
Oh yah - by the by - would you believe there are no images of this movie on the internet? I AM OUTRAGED!!!
Alright - here are some interesting tidbits...I hope you enjoy!

Definition Time:
BANGARANG - Jamaican slang defined as a HUBBUB, UPROAR, DISORDER, or DISTURBANCE.

Trivia: When the Bannings fly to England, the pilot's voice is that of Dustin Hoffman (Captain Hook) -- "This is your captain speaking..."

Trivia: Carrie Fisher was Steven Spielberg's original prototype for Tinkerbell.
Trivia: The pirate shut in the chest with the scorpion was played by Glenn Close.

Trivia: The kissing couple who begin to float when some fairy dust lands on them are actually George Lucas and Carrie Fisher in a cameo.

Trivia: Robin Willams 's upper body and arms were shaved for his role in the film.

Quote:
Peter Banning: You're a... you're a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother and I don't know why you have wings, but you have very lovely legs and you're a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don't know who my mother was; I'm an orphan and I've never done drugs because I missed the sixties, I was an accountant.
Tinkerbell: Guess again.

Quote:
Tinkerbell: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Quote:
Pockets, Lost Boy: [the Lost Boys don't believe Peter Banning is Peter Pan, but Pockets touches his face and finally recognizes him] Oh, there you are, Peter!

Quote:
Rufio: Lookie Lookie, I've got Hookie.




I hope if you have never seen this movie before that you'll go out and rent it!

BANGARANG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home